Saturday, July 24, 2010

Important - Coffeemate

I use to think that margarine was more healthy than butter until a nutritionist told me that margarine is only one molecule away from being plastic. After that, I can safely say that I haven't eaten margarine again. It's true; go ahead and check it out.

http://www.snopes.com/food/warnings/butter.asp

Now, I have been trying to improve my health slowly over the last couple of years. I have never been a heavy coffee drinker, but have drank it on and off through various periods over my life, but I was drinking it just about this time last year. I stopped then because it did not fit into my high raw lifestyle I was living at the time. Though I slipped from eating such a high raw diet mid-year of last year, I have never picked up the habit of drinking coffee again.

My husband, on the other hand, has never stopped drinking coffee. So last night he came home from the cold and I made him a cup to warm him up. Some how the Coffeemate was left on the stove afterward. (Yes, I guess it was my forgetfulness.)

Even though we are back at a point of being high raw, on weekends we eat meat. Last night my husband broiled us a steak, and the Coffeemate sat on the stove the whole time.

Well, if you have ever used Coffeemate, when it becomes wet and dries it, too, becomes as plastic. It's very difficult to wash a cup that has Coffeemate in the bottom, which has never been dissolved!

Well, here is the result of leaving the Coffeemate on our stove while it was on.


When we buy it I always transfer it to an empty coffee can so that I can easily scoop it out, rather than leaving it in the tall narrow container it comes in.



It became scorched and like resin or plastic. The closer to the bottom of the can, the harder it was.












I did some research today, and I also found out that Coffeemate is flammable! Here is what Wikipedia says about the matter: "Dry non-dairy creamer is highly flammable. A small spark can set fire to the substance if the powdered form becomes dispersed in air. This phenomenon was demonstrated on the television series Mythbusters."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-dairy_creamer

There are also videos on Youtube of this. Here's one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXG5_HkK7N8&NR=1&feature=fvwp

I thank YHWH for protecting us last night, because we are very blessed that the whole can just didn't explode from the heat!

Is my husband going to stop drinking coffee? No, but he has said he will switch to the liquid Coffeemate or just heavy cream instead.

©2010 Kimberly Padilla, A.A. Religion

No comments:

Post a Comment